Oh yes, the glory of April Fools on the internet has passed for another year. I can now read my Facebook news feed without
Here is a recap of some of my April 1 favourites from all over the web.
Every year I wait with baited breath for wait hilarity these guys will come up with. This year was not a disappointment.
- Outcasts With combatants such as Manrik’s Wife and the Treasure Goblin from Diablo 3 this game would be so much win). You can also buy a peripheral Fight Stick that comes with a credit card slot.
- World of Warcraft Patch Notes (Seriously worth the long read, with gems such as;
“As a part of the pre-expansion launch event, reaching the end of the Siege of Orgrimmar raid will now display: “Thank you! But our Garrosh is in another castle.”
“Despite concerns over workers’ rights violations due to unreasonable weather conditions, Arthas has stated that people should let it go, and that he will indeed remain the final boss of Icecrown Citadel. The cold never bothered him anyway”
“Vampiric Embrace now calls upon a glittery vampire to hold you and tell you he will always protect you, Bella”
- Draenei remodelling (Yup, she’s fugly)
- Star Craft 2 new expansion
- Happy Reaper (a playable flappy bird clone with the Diablo 3 xpac twist)
They have out done themselves for another year. Make sure you watch some of the products videos, so much win.
- Mr. Beard® Beard Machine
- Nerf Nuke
- Laser-Guided Tactical Necktie
- Rosetta Stone® – Learn to Speak Klingon (A prank with Nerdist)
- Flux Capacitor Car Charger (Oh hell yeah i want this)
- Das Can-in-Stein (I want this so bad)
- Unicorn Drinking Horn (or is it real unicorn)
- Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise Flying Disc
- Darkmage LED Spellcasting Staff (I would actually probably own this)
As in the past some of the April Fools products will probably end up getting made (The Technomancer Hoodie, the Star Wars Tauntuan Sleeping Bag, Canned Unicorn Meat etc.) so will be exciting to see what does make the cut (COME ON FLUX CAPACITOR CAR CHARGER AND STEIN!).
Here is also a really interesting article and video on Think Geek and the business of April Fools thanks to Engadget. http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/01/thinkgeek-april-fools/
4. Vegemite energy drink (Kraft)
5. The Dairy Kettle Ball phone case
6. Black Milk Clothing “Twilight” Dresses Team Edward vs Team Jacob
11. Origin boxed
12. Razer Eidolon (see your world in cinematic third person!)
13. Domino’s Edibox (I would eat the crap out of this)
and APRIL FAIL goes to Frostbite
which lead to EA apologising.
Leave links to any of your favourites I may have missed in the comments below!